properties / For Sale
211 West Pine St., Red Bud, Illinois - $187,900
0 acre(s), Residential in Randolph County
Listing Number: 060
Vintage cottage style home with detached garage (carriage house) on large lot that takes up half the city block. Inside and out there are very unique features worked into the home, yard and outbuilding giving this place a character of its own. It is a 3 bedroom 2 bath home with beautiful hardwood oak floors, claw foot tub, and arched doorways on the main level. The basement is finished with a perfect area to entertain, with barn wood walls and a bar with stained glass doors and a built-in wine rack. Outside is an excellent set up with a large gazebo for entertaining with electric and a beautiful stone floor. There is a large Koi pond and lots of stone accents. Excellent property to live and entertain or kick back and enjoy the gardens.
Directions: From Rte 159 (North Main Street) turn West onto West Pine St. and go about two blocks.
Very unique property full of character and historical charm inside and out. The homeowners have collected unique items over the years and have incorporated them into clever areas throughout the property. Such as –
- 3 cast iron light poles in yard from Gaslight Square in St Louis
- Weather vane on the Carriage house from Grade School built in 1893
on E. Main
- Sandstones from area landmarks
- Brass bar rail from an old saloon in Red Bud
- Green architectural features came from an older building.
- Gazebo sandstone from Hecker telephone cellar
- And more, the sellers find it fun to share this history of how they found
new uses for the different items.
Kitchen 14 x 8
Dining Room 10 x 13
Living Room 16 x 12
Bedroom 14 x 13
Bathroom 8 x 16
Bedroom 12 x 10
Bedroom 14 x 10
Bathroom 7 x 10
Family Room 25 x 27
Laundry Room 11 x 25
- Addition shower & stool in the Laundry Room
- Central AC
- Radiant heat in the home with boiler system
- Jen Air Stove in Kitchen
- Attached 1 car garage
- Windows 1-2 years old Thermo Pane (triple pane on main floor)
- New 30 year Roofing Shingles in 2017
- Utilities 175 month when they lived there with the carriage house.
- Vintage doorknobs & original oak hardwood floors
Carriage house is 24x32, finished & insulated, radiant heat in the concrete, stairs leading to a finished loft.
Gazebo with lights and a fan.