22+/- acres just inside of Shiloh City limits. Mostly wooded property with lake, pond, out buildings and two single family homes (353 & 357 Johnson Rd). An excellent recreational retreat about 3 miles from Scott Air Force Base.
357 Johnson Rd is the original club house built in 1947. It is 1916 sq feet and could be used as a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom home. This home/clubhouse has a large great room with vaulted ceilings open to the kitchen and has a large screened in porch. It is up very nicely to entertain. There is a 20 x 16 garage near this home for storage.
- Living room - 21'-10" x 16'-0" (main level)
- Dining Room - 21'-10" x 15'-5" (main level)
- Kitchen - 13'-9" x 17'- 9" (main level)
- Bedroom 17'- 4" x 17'-3" (upper level)
- Bedroom/ office 16'-10" x 12'-9" (lower level)
- Bathroom 10' x 8'-5" (main level)
- Laundry / Half bath 10' x 6'-7" (main level)
- Screened Porch 24'-10" x 21'-9" (main level)
More details on 537 Johnson (Club house/ Guest house)
- Cedar Exterior was stained in 201
- Original section of clubhouse was built in 1947 with addition done in late 1980’s
- HVAC new in 2020 (new A-Coil)
- New septic 2014
- Shingles 11 years old
- 2014 New Brazilian Cherry laminate wood & vinyl tile floors main level through out and master bedroom
- Deck off master bedroom to code and painted 2020 – 10 year deck paint
- 2014 Kitchen Appliances, washer and dryer
353 Johnson Road was built in 1992 and could easily be used as a 3 bedroom 2 bath home with 1399 sq ft. Some new paint, flooring and bathroom updates were done in 2020 and 2021 on this home. There is a nice 34 x 32 2 car detached garage near this home.
- Living room 17'-3" x 17'-8" (Upper level)
- Kitchen 17'-3" x 9'-6" (Upper level)
- Bedroom 10'-1" x 12'-3" (Upper level)
- Bedroom 11' 1 x 12'-0"(Upper level)
- Full Bathroom 9'-0 x 5'0 (Upper level)
- Den 9'-11" x 10'-7" (lower level)
- 3/4 Bathroom 7' x 7" (lower level)
- Family room/ 3rd Bedroom 15'7" x 13'4"
Additional information about 353 Johnson (house on the hill)
- Build 1992
- HVAC ~11 years old
- 12x28 covered deck above concrete – new steps and posts in 2020, painted with 10 deck paint 2020
- Roof 2012
- Siding 2015
- New double glass entry door 2020
- Whole house interior painted 2020 – BHGTV – Sherwin Williams – Agreeable Grey
- Shed/Garage 34x32 - 1088 sq ft. – Built 1994, new Garage Doors 2019, concrete floor and electric - New roof & siding in 2020
- Water heater – new in last 7 years
- New living room flooring 2021
- New vanity, lights, mirror in master bath – 2021
- Aeration service - new pump in 2020
Must see all this property has to offer - there are some great trails that are ready to walk.
- Property is located in the village of Shiloh
- Lake 2.25 acres, Pond .25 acre
- 22 + acres
- ZONED – “R3” - Residential - Saint Clair County
- Grade School - Shiloh Village DIST 85 / O'Fallon High School
- One water meter for both homes from American Water.
Matowaka (the name, the legend)
Matowaka, Pocahontas, Lady Rebecca and Mrs. John Rolfe are all names for the Powhatan Indian woman who supposedly saved Captain John Smith from death. After 1609, Captain Smith departed for England. In the meantime, Pocahontas was taken to Jamestown in 1612, where she was ransomed by her father, the chief. It was there that she met John Rolfe and in April 1613, they were married. Pocahontas became a Christian and received the name Lady Rebecca. In 1616 they traveled to England. A year later in March 1617, Pocahontas caught smallpox and died aboard ship. Her one son, Thomas Rolfe, returned to Virginia where he became wealthy. He had one daughter, who once lived on this lake and named it after her grandmother.
Not sure how true the legend is today but it is my understanding this was the place to enjoy the company of friends for many years, and some know it by its name of Matawaka.
Directions: From Route 158 (south of 64) West on Siebert Rd. Before Bend, Turn West on Johnson Rd. Properties on North side of Road.
Legal Description: Part of Sec 8, T1N R7W
Taxes: 2020 taxes payable 2021 - $7,743
P# 377 / MLS #21055440
LISTED by Property Peddler Inc.
Brenda Chandler - Designated Managing Broker - 618-201-3947
Brad Chandler - Auctioneer/Broker - 618-791-3289
Sold 9.9.21 for $530,000