14 Meininger Road, Vergennes, IL 62994
Listing Number: 009
Charming 3400+ sq. ft. home designed for a large family or someone who enjoys entertaining. The beauty of the original 1942 home is still visible with some wood ceilings and walls. Renovations to the home have carried on the home's character by using recycled barn wood for the flooring, trim and some wainscoting. A large home addition was added in 2000 and in 2007 there was another addition to providing direct access from the 2 1/2 plus car garage to the home.
Directions: Rt 4 (between Ava and Murphysboro) to Mudline Rd then left onto Meininger Rd. Home is at the end of this paved road.
- The location of this 18.5 acres is great for the family who wants to be off the beaten path, but still have easy access to roads; the 1/4 mile paved road ends right at the farm. This property is a nice mix of a large yard with mature trees and farmland with a wooded creek line. It is a large home with lots of possibilities.
- Wildlife is abundant. Turkey and deer come right into the yard.
- Property is located approximately 20 minutes from both DuQuoin and Carbondale. For your recreational enjoyment, it is 10 minutes from Kinkaid Lake, 45 minutes from Crab Orchard Lake and 50 minutes from Rend Lake.
- Close to college - SIUC is about a 25-minute drive, and John A Logan is about a 35-minute drive
- Home Built in 1942
- 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3468 sqft Home
- Well Water
- Water Heat: Electric
- Heat Source: Propane
- Sewer: Lagon
- Cool: Central-Electric
- Heat: Forced Air
- Vinyl Siding
- Elverado School District 196
- Suitable for Horses
- Family Room 27 x 18
- Kitchen 15 x 20
- Dining Room 13 x 18
- Bedroom on the Main level 10 x15
- Laundry Room on the Main level 10 x 14
- Living Room 13 x 18
- 2nd-floor Master bedroom 15 x 20
- 2nd-floor bedroom 12 x 12
- 2nd-floor bedroom 12 x 17
- 2nd-floor bedroom 10 x 9
- 2nd-floor bedroom 9 x 14
- Attached Garage 36 x 26
Legal Description: Part of Section 25 T7S, R3W
Taxes: $936.76 - 2016
Farm Lease: 10 +/- acres being farmed currently on a verbal year-to-year and subject to tenant rights.
LISTED by Property Peddler Inc, Designated Managing Broker - Brenda Chandler 618-201-3947 & Broker/Owner - Brad Chandler 618-791-3289
P#009 - Sold for $188,000 - 8/28/2018